Skip to main content

Start from Where You Are

Today and each day since the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve I have continued to feel stuck in my tracks, wanting to move but unable, I'm not sure if this feeling's been exaggerated due to the expectations I/we tend to put on ourselves at this time of year or the fact that last year was so very dark for me that I wanted to move swiftly into the light?  In any case I became fidgety and needed to do something! So I am starting where I am, where I left off with the love of photography which always saves the day when I get this feeling, I am starting to walk again... maybe baby steps for now, but that's okay.

Thinking about walking my mind was transported back to an instant as a happy-stance image jumped out at me when I was fortunate enough to visit the beautiful city of Barcelona last December.  My long time admiration and intrigue for the art of Gaudi and dream of visiting his work at the Sagrada Familia became a reality.  I knew what the building looked like from the outside but wasn't prepared for the wonderful light phenomena when inside the basilica! 

The history of the building was fascinating but what was even more special to me was the beautiful light spectacle inside, the atmosphere it created was magical and spiritual.  Whilst many photographers were focusing on the architecture I was absorbed by the light, so much so that my card soon filled with mostly abstract images which I will continue to show in the following days... But the one that stood out and called to me today is this one of someone's boot walking across the highly polished floor and reflecting in the bouncing light, illuminating a moment of time on a stranger's journey.


I thought this image poignant for my post today because it pictures a frozen moment of time on someone else's path.  I have no idea where that person's journey will take them just as I'm not sure about mine but it represents for me a new starting point, a new juncture in my life. I am starting where I am, there are many possibilities ahead!


Comments

Very poignant...both words and image. I love how you captured "a frozen moment of time on someone else's path/journey" - and the play of light. Hauntingly profound. A moment that can never be "captured" again... Looking forward to seeing your next photos... <3
Anonymous said…
very powerful image paired with your words here. it is so fascinating, all of our stories, our directions, our paths -- so very different - and yet not so.
autumn said…
just perfect. i so admire your ability to see light the way you do.

and baby steps ensures that we see and admire the details.

miss6 and i plan to visit barcelona, and i'm hoping it will happen this year. she also likes gaudi ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

Warrior Woman Detour

Yearning clear blue skies to brighten the road for ease, to step light of heart... Detour intersect is warrior woman's path she must tread alone, her only companion Om lifts a weighted heart... feeling vibrational warmth, she lights momentum... My heart is weighed down at the moment, we are waiting for scan results, my love has been in constant debilitating pain since before Christmas, I'm having a nasty IBS flare-up, I'm doing warrior woman work! I am grateful for this Friday morning ritual ~ Haiku my Heart, it is a wonderful distraction from the everyday, focusing on and fitting feelings into 575 syllables... Thanks to our Rebecca for hosting ~> Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon