Skip to main content

Keeping it Real #2 ~ TLC


It's a cozy kind of day,
maybe the blanket of snow outside has something to do with my feeling,
then Chill Radio is playing the familiar,
I'm soaking up these pleasant moments , we're taking 
the mutts for their yearly jab 
in about an hour, speaking of mutts, Dougal has now started shaking and crying at the snow!
My love says I mustn't re-enforce this behavior by closing the curtains and switching the 
radio volume higher!

I say he needs TLC....
I need TLC....
.
Tea lots of cups!   LOL


Back from the vets, my happy mood has evaporatednot because Dougal 
was shaking and shivering every second of the way through a snow storm,
or because of an imminent expensive dog dental appointment, 
but my sensitive heart was floored again, 
a woman with a tiny chihuahua pup and two small children went in before us, 
the mum was distressed sighing all the time she was waiting saying 
" how long are they going to be?",
the little boy said "he's going to die isn't he?",
they came out of the consulting room empty handed. 
The boy said " is he dead?"
all was quiet,
I dare not ask,
.
my love said ~
" you can't keep track of each falling rock"  ~  Cohen.
.
No need to remind me,
I know life is lost everyday
in scary and tragic circumstances
men die, women die,
children die, babies die,
ruin mingles with miracles,
but this was my experience today,

I felt it deeply!

These are retrospective thoughts
from Wednesday, I don't want to leave
you on a sad note as it is Easter, the time of hope and renewal and today is a beautiful new one, so I'm re-posting my thoughts from last Easter 
My yoga practice usually leaves me a little lighter, 
this week we focused on the 
heart chakra gratitude meditation,
I left my class with a feeling 
of belonging to something greater than self!

Often times when my mind is busy,
 all thoughts running riot,
I can feel overwhelmed, 
I find sitting and focusing 
on the breath soothing and comforting.
Namaste

(\-/)
(=';')
(")_(")  
Happy Easter 

Linking with Monica
at
'Keeping it Real'
Ink & Chai

Comments

Unknown said…
i'm one of those that feels every rock fall. i would have shed some tears.

do enjoy the snowy cosiness, and the tea. have a sweet weekend.
suzanne said…
what a powerful post for so man reasons...brought it all home, made it all real, and a reminder of the true lessons in life - to experience, to love, to live. grazie.

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

Warrior Woman Detour

Yearning clear blue skies to brighten the road for ease, to step light of heart... Detour intersect is warrior woman's path she must tread alone, her only companion Om lifts a weighted heart... feeling vibrational warmth, she lights momentum... My heart is weighed down at the moment, we are waiting for scan results, my love has been in constant debilitating pain since before Christmas, I'm having a nasty IBS flare-up, I'm doing warrior woman work! I am grateful for this Friday morning ritual ~ Haiku my Heart, it is a wonderful distraction from the everyday, focusing on and fitting feelings into 575 syllables... Thanks to our Rebecca for hosting ~> Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon